Hydrant Meter Rental Policy is as follows:
- $3,000 Deposit - refunded after meter is returned with no damages. If meter is damaged, customer shall forfeit deposit.
- Meter rental shall be billed at $50 minimum per month. The first 5,000 gallons of usage each month will be covered by the $50 Minimum Monthly Fee. Any usage after the first 5,000 gallons shall be billed at the Commercial Rate.
- Customer is responsible for coordinating with Department of Utilities representative at the end of every month for reporting usage.
- If meter rental is needed longer than 12 months, customer is to renew rental agreement or forfeit deposit.
- If meter rental is renewed after 12 months with a new agreement, no additional deposit will be required.
Learn more by reviewing Ordinance 21-57 (PDF).