Acceptable Use Policy:
The following policy applies to:
- Portland, TN Police Department Facebook Page
- Portland, TN Parks & Recreation Facebook Page
- Portland, TN Fire Department Facebook Page
- Dogwood Hills Municipal Course Facebook Page
- City of Portland, Tennessee Government Facebook Page
- Website: https://www.cityofportlandtn.gov
The social media channels exists to provide access to information about the agencies and provide a platform for interaction with the agencies according to the guidelines outlined herewith. Posting on the agencies social media channel constitutes acceptance of these terms.
• In case of emergency, please call 911.
• Do not use this page to report a crime. To report information potentially related to criminal activity, please call 615-451-3838
• If you post information related to a crime on this page, you may be publicly identifying yourself as a witness. In some instances, this may result in a subpoena or possibly endanger yourself or others.
• “Friending” or “following” of a citizen by an agency officer does not indicate an endorsement of that citizen’s actions or comments.
• Comments posted by others on this page are not to be considered the opinion of the agency; nor does the agencies endorse any third- party participants on our social media channel.
• The agency reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the agency.
Moderation of Third Party Content:
This agency’s social media channel serves as a limited public forum and all content published is subject to monitoring. User-generated posts will be rejected or removed (if possible) when the content:
• Is off-subject or out of context.
• Contains obscenity or material that appeals to the prurient interest.
• Contains personal identifying information or sensitive personal information.
• Contains offensive terms that target protected classes.
• Is threatening, harassing or discriminatory.
• Incites or promotes violence or illegal activities.
• Contains information that reasonably could compromise individual or public safety.
• Advertises or promotes a commercial product or service, or any entity or individual.
• Promotes or endorses political campaigns or candidates.
Public Records Law:
Agencies social media sites are subject to applicable public records laws. Any content maintained in a social media format related to agency business, including communication posted by the Agency and communication received from citizens, is a public record. The Agency maintaining the site is responsible for responding completely and accurately to any public records request for social media content.