This employee performs the manual collection and disposal of solid waste. Work is routine and repetitive. The employee is under the immediate supervision of the Solid Waste Supervisor. Instructions to the employee are detailed and specific.
- General understanding of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Ability to learn and perform the operation of a trash compacting truck
- Ability to follow instructions
- Assist with general maintenance of vehicles and facility
- Knowledge of the use of common hand tools
- Ability to lift, move, and carry heavy objects and to work under variable conditions;
- Routinely lifts 75 pounds;
- Performs other related duties as required
- Some experience in heavy manual labor;
- Must have a valid CDL Driver’s License; and
- Must have a good work and attendance record
An application and job description may be obtained from the receptionist at Portland City Hall, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Online application is also available on our website at https://cityofportlandtn.gov/business/employment/.
Completed applications and resume, if available, must be returned to the City Hall Receptionist, faxed to 615-325-1481, or received by mail to:
Portland City Hall
Attention: Human Resources
100 South Russell Street
Portland, Tennessee 37148
We will accept applications until this position is filled.
The City of Portland is an equal opportunity employer.
This position is eligible for benefits.