“Get Alarmed, TN!” is a grant-funded fire safety education and smoke alarm installation program administered by the State Fire Marshal’s Office (SFMO). Launched in November 2012, the program distributes fire safety education and 10-year sealed battery smoke alarms to participating fire departments. The fire departments then deliver the education and install smoke alarms in at-risk homes across the state. All smoke alarm installers & volunteers in the Get Alarmed program need to undergo basic training before volunteering
We have new dual sensor smoke detectors to install in home around Portland, free of charge. These detectors have a built in 10 year battery that does not have to be changed for the life of the detector. By having working smoke detectors in your home, the chances of dying in a house fire decreases by over 50%.
- reside within the city limits
- own your home (not renting)
- have smoke detectors 10 years old or more
- not have any smoke detectors
- not have enough smoke detectors in your home
- Schedule a firefighter to come install detectors call 615-325-5649